The Outreach and Missions Ministry will strive to serve the Body of Christ and the lost in a loving manner that aligns with the vision of First Northeast Baptist Church (FNEBC) “Value in Knowing Christ and Passion to Make Him Known.” The objective also aligns with the church scriptural reference verse,
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
Jesus the Christ upon fulfillment of His mission to the world to become the perfect and final sacrificial lamb for dead men walking commissioned His disciples to go throughout the world sharing the Gospel (the Good News) to all,
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Matthew 28:19-20
Additionally, the Word of God clearly communicates to His disciples what is meant by go ye therefore with the scripture,
“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto to me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
To that end, the ultimate goal of the Outreach and Missions Ministry is to equip members and friends to actively participate in God’s commandment and commission to all believers to be His disciples. Fully understanding that all do not know and/or are not comfortable with this command, opportunities will be provided for believers to be equipped via prayer, training, discipleship, and teaching to serve as a Christ disciple. Additionally, we will strive to partner with churches, missionaries, ministries, and organization that are committed to the truth of scripture without error, fellowshipping with members of the church universal, and evangelizing to those separated from Holy God because of sin. We fully embrace the desired relationship between Jesus the Christ and the church universal as evidenced in our commitment to
Worship (Weekly Prayer, Bible Study, Sunday Celebration, Communion, Baptism, Praise)
Instruction (Bible Study, Sunday School, Sunday Celebration, Discipleship Class)
Fellowship (Sunday Celebration, Ministry Activities, Community Partnerships)
Evangelism (Discipleship Class, Missions Trips, Community Outreach and Partnerships)
Finally, the Outreach and Missions Ministry in accordance with the Strategic Plan fully embrace the objectives Connecting, Serving, Inviting, and Integrating as we strive to be the local assembly that God the Father desires for us to become.
Local Outreach and Missions Ministry service opportunities include, but are limited to the following:
- Alston Wilkes Residential Facility in partnership with the FNEBCE Men’s ministry
- Magnolia Manor Residential Facility in partnership with the Men’s and Women’s ministries
- Family Shelter in partnership with the Women’s ministry
- Feed the Hungry in partnership with the Men’s Women’s, Grateful Ones, and Fellowship ministries.
- International Friendship Ministry in partnership with the Men’s and Women’s ministries.
- Thanksgiving Day Meal in partnership with all members of FNEBC.
- Angel Tree in partnership with all members of FNEBC.
- Samaritan’s Purse/ Operation Christmas Child in partnership with all members of FNEBC
- Various Donations to Harvest Hope, Gods Storehouse and others as a need in our community arises.
- Annual Clothes Giveaway in partnership with all members of FNEBC
- All members are welcome to attend any of the above mentioned functions.
- We are not saved through activities but once we are saved and we will desire to do good works and proclaim His name! Be Blessed in the Lord!
For additional information about volunteering and/or seeking ministry support please email firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Dr. Cynthia Betts or James White.