First Northeast Baptist Church, Columbia, South Carolina, is prayerfully seeking for a full-time Pastor, called by God, who will be the spiritual leader of the congregation.
The qualified Pastor will be responsible to God and the congregation to lead the church by teaching and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and prayer, to provide a Biblically-based vision and mission for the church and equipping and training members to do the work of the ministry, in accordance to the responsibilities outline in the Bible and the Church By-laws.
We are looking for a Pastor called by God and who exemplifies the character qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. We desire a candidate immersed in Biblical principles, models a strong prayer life, and practices scripture-based preaching.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received by Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
A successful candidate will meet the following minimum qualifications/criteria:
- License and ordination by a Baptist church and/or like-faith church.
- M. A. degree in Bible or Divinity from a Bible-believing accredited Bible or theological institution.
- Preferred minimum ministry experience of 3-5 years, with background in church pastoral ministry (e.g.Pastor, Assistant Pastor, Associate Pastor, Youth Minister)
- The following personal information must be submitted by interested applicants:
- A cover letter and current resume (includes detailed listing of ministerial/pastoral experiences, accomplishments and family profile)
- A DVD of a sermon delivered within the past year
- Copies of diplomas and degrees
- Ministerial license(s) and ordination certificate
- Copy of driver’s license or state identification
- All applicants must agree to a background check, and drug screening
Please send your completed application package to:
First Northeast Baptist Church
Pastoral Search Committee
311 Sparkleberry Lane
Columbia, SC 29229
Contact: James Pratt, Chair, Pastoral Search Committee
Telephone: (803) 736-5055